Followers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Nails fit for dinner with the Boys Parents

Josh and I had a date to eat dinner with his family on Sunday, which of course always makes me nervous, when it shouldn't, but I can't help it. I love that boy and want his family to like me too :) Lucky, I took Josh to the Dentist earlier in the week and had the chance to browse through some magazines and by chance came across an interview with Essie Weingarten, the founder of Essie cosmetics. I wish I could remember which magazine it was in, but i read through sooo many waiting for him to finish with the doctor!!
Anyhoo, I know the article says "mother-in-law" but I took it's advice anyway because, well because it was sound advice. I had met Josh's family before, but I still want to do everything perfectly. Since Josh's step-mom is a super trendy lady, I took Essie's advice and went for a seasonal shade of polish, but amped it up a bit and made it almost a mock Burberry pattern. I loved this mani! I used Essence Irreplaceable as a base, and used 3 coats to get it to a nice opaque tone. I then used my new Konad plate and Butter London polish is Toff to do the stamping :) Finished it off with two coats of SV. You can sort of see in the picture above how the SV caused some shrinkage to my mani :(
I know you are dying to find out, but dinner went really well, like always. I love his family, they are incredibly nice people :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think I need some new BM plates. And how funny that you found an article that features nails and gave you sound advice about the other half's mom? That is why nail polish rocks.

    ReplyDelete