Followers

Monday, September 5, 2011

How to: Stamp your nails

By reader request :) A quick picture tutorial on how to stamp your nails. Woohoo! So, first I put on 3 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.
I know its a little sloppy, but stamping in itself is a messy process :)
So, pick out the plate you'd like to use! I use Bundle Monster plates, and my Konad stamping system. Pictured above is the polish I chose to use for the stamping, my stamping plate, my stamper and my scrapper.
Step 1) cover the stamp you pick with your nail polish choice, it's generally best to use a deep opaque color that shows up vividly in one coat. I used Essence Just Rock it!
Using your scrapper, scrape off the nail polish, so what remains of the polish is stuck in the stamping plate etching.
Immediately roll your stamper through the nail polish so it picks up the design.
Then, roll the stamp out on your nails.
and Ta-da!! perfectly manicured nails :) As you can see from the above picture the stamp tends to get on your fingers, but its easy to clean off with some polish remover or warm water :)
The aftermath of nail stamping :)
The finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment