Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Beginnings.


Well, now that I caught your attention with a snapshot of my nail polish lot, I can be sentimental for a moment! It's the end of summer for me, my LAST summer break ever, and a lot has happened recently in my life. A lot of positive things, and I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on them all.
The best thing that has happened to me this summer was meeting my new, and best friend Jess. She's so amazing (she's on the right in the picture above, and I'm on the left). We met by chance through our mutual friend Chris and we have been inseparable since late June. She has brought so many laughs, memories, and love into my life. We literally can smile about anything, and it's so great having her as my friend. People joke that she's my wife since we are constantly together! :) I wouldn't have it any other way, she's such a positive influence in my life. Jess, thank you for making this summer fantastic for me. I couldn't have had the summer of my life without you <3
Besides my new BFF Jess, I also managed to snag myself a super great guy, Josh. He has really been the light in my life recently, and I'm not ashamed to say it! ha! Since spending time with Josh I've noticed that I smile a lot more, and I'm just generally happy. It's been awhile since I've felt real happiness all around in my life. I find myself falling for this boy, more every day. He is just a genuinely sweet guy, and those are hard to come by! I'm definitely counting my blessings this summer.

So my summer vacation finally drew to a close, and my last semester of college starts on Monday! 16 weeks until I'm finally done :) I filled out my application for graduation on Wednesday and it was so weird, requesting my diploma, I could hardly believe it! I don't plan on walking at graduation though, but Josh is hopeful that I will change my mind haha.

I decided on a few things that I would like to improve upon in the upcoming months:
  • Staying focused on school, while maintaining relationships with friends and family
  • Less cursing (man do I talk like a sailor!)
  • Better organizational skills for my nail polish
  • Not biting off more than I can chew
  • Remembering to relax (I'm the worlds biggest stresser!)
  • Less procrastination (I'm a huge procrastinator, but at the same time I work my little butt off!)
If I can keep these promises t myself, I'll reward myself with some nice Butter nail polishes Dec 3! haha! Positive reinforcement might just work :)

One last thing! Another great thing that happened this summer was having my big brother move back home. He's in medical school, and luckily was assigned to his clinical rotations in our home town! So he moved back home and will be living here for the next two years for the completion of his medical school. It's great having my big brother close to home again. That's us in the picture below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment