Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blue Navy and my Best Friend

THIS is my best friend, Lisa, on the left, and me. I love this girl like crazy. We've been best friends for almost a decade. She's my rock, without a doubt. Lisa is in the NROTC and will be an officer in the Navy in a year!! (congrats girl!!) So, part of being in the NROTC requires that she goes on "cruises" every summer with the Navy, and this summer she's lucky enough to get to Japan! She left a little over a week ago and won't return home until July 8! Which makes me pretty sad :( So to celebrate Lisa and how proud I am of all of her accomplishments, I did a fun blue sparkle mani, since blue is her favorite color!!
I apologize for the horrrrrible lighting on this photograph, it was seriously impossible to get a decent picture of this awesome mani! I started with a base coat of Essence Denim Wanted! nail polish in Forever mine. It's a really gorgeous royal blue. I then topped it with 2 coats of a WalMart find (with Lisa of course!!) of Pure ICE in "Strapless" and BOY does this glitter shine!
This is the mani with 2 coats of SV over it. See how hard it was to get the sparkle without the flash? But I loved this mani, probably one of my favorites of the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment