Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer 2012

This isn't going to be my typical blog post...but now that I think of it, are any of my blog posts really typical? I've spent my summer so far doing really wonderful things and growing friendships with some really beautiful people. I've created friendships that I never imagined would bloom. Enough of my rambling, I guess what I am trying to say is you shouldn't take good things for granted. You should spend your time doing the things you and enjoy and making the people you care about happy. My life today is a complete 180 from where I imagined it being a year ago, heck it is a complete 180 from where I imagined it being 6 months ago. 
 If someone had come up to me in January and said, you'll be spending your summer on the beaches of Florida fishing with loved ones-well, lets be honest I would have laughed in their faces-Me fishing? Get real. I hate being hot and muggy, and the thought of spending my nights getting bit up by mosquitoes? That's a big no-thank-you. But, then I tried it. I spent a hot muggy night on the pier with Ryan, and found peace within myself. A feeling that I really hadn't felt for awhile- a long while. So long, in fact, that I didn't even know what the feeling was when I felt it. I felt like crying. I was happy. 
Things that were important to me, or things that I thought were important, really didn't matter all that much anymore. I let go of the things that were weighing me down. I decided that if a person wasn't going to act like my true friend-then they were, in fact, no friend to me. I let them go. I let go of the baggage in my life. Being stressed about things I couldn't control, was just plain dumb. 
If you have a heaviness in your heart, I urge you to step outside, breathe in the summer air, take a good look at the people your surround yourself with, and make positive changes for you. 

Nail polish posts to follow, I promise. 




1 comment: